Who We Are
St. Philip of Jesus is a Parish Catholic Elementary School which believes that parents/guardians are the primary educators of their children. The administration and faculty work with them to provide an environment which nurtures the students’ life of faith. The educational program focuses on the growth of the whole child, emphasizing that learning is enjoyable and takes place not only in the classroom setting but through all the activities of the school and home. Gospel values are integrated with daily life and learning and students are led to grow in faith through all they do.
St. Philip of Jesus School and Parish both began in 1914. The school had an enrollment of 50 students and under the direction of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, the school flourished. In 1940 the school expanded to a two-story building and in 1948 another addition was made to provide more classrooms and a larger residence for the Sisters. After more than four decades of service the old school was found to be inadequate for the needs of the growing community. In 1956 the current two-story classroom building and two-story convent were completed. The school continued to grow and reached a peak enrollment of 300 in 1964. In 1986 a pre-kindergarten (K4) class was added followed by a 3 year old program in 2000-2001. From 1983-1994 the Daughters of Charity served at St. Philip of Jesus School. From 1992 until 2007, the school was administered by School Sisters of Notre Dame. Through the years, the various religious communities have been joined by many dedicated lay teachers who built the strong tradition of quality Catholic education at St. Philip of Jesus.